WHAT WHO WRITES IS READING LUNA DAVID!


HELLO FRIENDS, I AM HERE WITH MY WHAT WHO WRITES IS READING POST FOR THIS WEEK AND MY GUEST IS LUNA DAVID! I LOVE HER POST AND YOU WILL TOO, SO LET'S SEE WHAT LUNA HAS TO SAY ABOUT HER BOOKS OF CHOICE! 



Disclaimer One:  Ok, soooo… I was asked by Bec to write this post for her blog. First, let me say the request to do this immediately made my heart gallop in my chest and filled me with great trepidation. I can spin a yarn, write a story, share with you the men that play around together in my head. They are separate from me, those men. Their stories get written down from the jumbled mess that is my mind and put on paper, so as to move on to the next couple that is taking up space there. That’s honestly the easy part for me, mostly because they are stories of others, not of myself.
I am an introvert, through and through. So, when people ask me to write blog posts, review their books, answer personal questions about myself and the like, I clam up. I don’t know what to say, when to say it, or how to say it, etc. So this post? PAINFUL! But here I am, because it’s Bec, and welp, you can’t grow as a person unless you do shit that gets you out of your comfort zone. And at this point, I’m nowhere near my comfort zone. In fact, I’ve lost it… *glances around frantically* Nope, it’s gone. *Clears throat, whimpers, pretends to be unaffected* Moving on.
Disclaimer Two: My husband always jokes with me about my inability to choose, well, nearly anything. Making decisions is hard for me because, in his words, “I like my options…” And it’s so true. I love my options. It’s why I ask him what he’s ordering for dinner and order something different, so we can either split and share or I can eat off his plate. The man must be besotted, as he once told me the story of him around the age of eight, stabbing his six-year-old brother in the hand with his fork, when he dared try to take something off his plate. My husband also jokes that my womb couldn’t even make up its mind when we had kids, and so we ended up with girl/boy twins to cover all the bases. He’s a funny guy, my husband.
But I digress… again. My point with this disclaimer is that choosing ONE M/M book, author, or series is literally an impossible task for me. That is not an exaggeration… Impossible. Throughout my life, I’ve been asked what my favorite movie is, my favorite song, my favorite food, etc, etc, etc. Nope, Nope and…. Nope.  Can’t do it. All the possibilities get jumbled in my head, along with all the reasons I love them and there’s Just. No. Way.
Disclaimer Three: I am wordy. Verbose. Long winded. Case in point—I was asked to share with you my favorite M/M book, author, or series. And here I am, having not shared a damned thing about any book, author, or series. *wonders idly if I can just ramble on and avoid answering the question* *shakes head, scrubs face in frustration, dives back in* So here I am, writing entirely too much about nothing and nothing about my intended topic. *sighs*
My point with this disclaimer is to warn you that I’m not answering Bec’s question as she intended, I’m answering it in the only way I know how. I’ll share with you the last three (well, technically four) full length novels (in order) that I’ve read, thus avoiding choosing just one. See what I did there? Worming my way out of answering these types of questions has become an art form. *pats self on back*
Oh and then there’s the fact that I can’t pick a favorite genre or sub-genre to save my life. I love all sorts of stuff: BDSM, big tough guy with much smaller man, protection/security, contemporary, May-December, Military, hurt/comfort, etc. I could go on and on, but I’ve already prattled on quite enough and my flair for avoidance has just delayed the inevitable, so here we go.
I recently reread—for maybe the eighth time—For a Reason (Sizzing Miami Series Book 2) by Jessie G. This book… I don’t even know what it is about this book. No wait, yes I do. One word: Red. Not to mention, this book combines some of my all-time favorite aspects: big tough guy with a smaller man, contemporary, a touch of BDSM, and some hurt/comfort. I mean come on! I love the whole series, but this book in particular hits lots of my favorite buttons. As my TBR list grows, this one sits on my backburner for when I’m looking at my too long list of books to read and can’t make a choice. Oh noes, a case of too many options! So rather than rocking in a corner and mumbling to myself, unable to make a choice, I just go back to this one... Again and again.

I also read Retribution (The Protectors, Book 3) by Sloane Kennedy. This is her latest series and dear god all of the books in this series are amazing! Lots of my favorite buttons are hit with this series as well: contemporary, former military, protection, hurt/comfort. This is my first series that I’ve read of hers and there are others that came before that I need to go back and read, because… SO GOOD! They are action packed, full of twists and turns and sexy… Oh so sexy. You learn to really love the MCs and her writing style just sucks me in every single time.
And then the last one… well two. The Necromancer’s Dance (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer Book 1) (reread in prep for book 2) and The Necromancer’s Dilemma (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer Book 2) by SJ Himes. Let me just say, SJ Himes—and her alter ego Revella Hawthorne—is not an author I ever would have picked up. She makes me read stuff that is just so far removed from my normal preferences. Urban fantasy, paranormal, and mpreg are obviously missing up above in my favorite genres/sub-genres. These are not my go to book types, these are not what I would normally choose to read. But she creates worlds, characters, and plots in such a way that I feel like I’m there. I can smell the forest, I can feel the change from wolf to human and back again, I can envision being a pregnant man (whut?), and I can imagine I live in a world where vampires and necromancers exist, and an adorable dragon familiar named Eroch isn’t so farfetched. This is not easily done for me, but SJ Himes does it every time.

So there you have it. Longest post ever. Lots of yadda yadda yadda… I hope I didn’t bore you to tears or make you fall asleep. Thanks for having me, Bec. This will teach you to ever invite me to participate in your blog ever again! Happy reading, everyone! <3 font="" luna="">

THANKS LUNA, I LOVE THIS POST SO MUCH! AND THESE BOOKS ARE REALLY GOOD CHOICES! I HAVE PUT THE LINKS TO THE BOOKS BELOW, GRAB THESE NOW!







ALL OF THESE AUTHORS ARE AMAZING, LUNA INCLUDED, HERE ARE THE REVIEWS I HAVE DONE OF HER AMAZING CUSTOS SECURITY BOOKS! ( I CAN-NOT- WAIT FOR BOOK 3, GET TO WRITING LUNA :p) 

BEC'S TRUSTING CADE; CUSTOS SECURITIES 1 REVIEW

BEC'S PROTECTING BRADEN BOOK TWO REVIEW

THANKS FOR JOINING ME FOR MY WHAT WHO WRITES IS READING POST, AND THANK YOU LUNA FOR STEPPING OUTSIDE OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE FOR ME AND DOING SUCH A GRAND JOB OF IT!! <3 i="">


No comments:

Post a Comment